He has it all planned out for next time. The crust, and all the ingredients he would use for the filling. He really loves to bake and I am trying my best to encourage this passion. This past week he baked 3 times. He would do it every day, but that is not always feasible.
Then there was work to be done around the yard. We needed to take advantage of the nice weather. Everyone felt refreshed after a hard days work, so we settled in for family movie night.
spice drawer for awhile now. It amazes me how long he can play with all the jars. It was about an hour while I was cooking dinner that he would take them out, line them up on the counter, put them back in the drawer and then do it all over again. The boys didn't get the intrigue over the whole thing. I would love to know the workings of a toddlers mind. He was very proud that he could put them up on the counter himself. How much he as grown since I last posted about the drawer.
* this week was a tough one, full of bickering, way too much yelling and overall yuckiness
* by night all I wanted to do was crawl in bed and fall into a deep sleep, not that that happened. Harkin wakes often and usually with some sort of scream these days.
* soccer finally finished so now we can have our evenings back
* Harkin went from calling me mama to mommy- his little voice melts my heart
* rain, rain and more rain
* working hard on making a big breakfast for my growing boys so I can tame their hunger beasts
* love watching my boys get so excited over new books from our library trips
* played a new game with the boys "egyptians"
* had robotics class and horseback riding lessons
* baked corn muffins and apple turnovers with William
* love listening to the gentle sounds of Landon's guitar playing
* Harkin got his first toothbrush (we had been using a finger brush) and loves to do it himself, after mommy does it.
* Harkin is 20 months old today!
* hoping for nicer weather this weekend and some calmness among our house
this book about Degas and then every child had their own clay and created a sculpture of their own. It is so awesome to see all the different ideas each child has and see them all talking and working together. The boys so look forward to this day. I am glad that we can make it happen.