what a conversation can do


I don't get out much with other lady friends. I'm O.K. with that. I have a few really good friends that I know I could call on whenever it was needed.  But mainly my days are spent at home with my two children. I keep my words for when Eric gets home and share all that is needed. 

However, yesterday a friend called and we spoke for an hour. A whole hour while the boys played happily. I haven't been feeling too good lately physically and a bit emotionally. Just kinda in a funk. While Eric is always there to listen and observe, he may not always quite understand me.  

Talking with this friend was like a mirror image. I was able to listen while she let go of a lot of things and I could share what was going on with me.  I felt so refreshed once I got off the phone. A simple little conversation made a huge difference in my life. 

Just knowing that I had a friend with whom I can really be myself was fulfilling. 

So the next time you have a conversation with someone, just think that maybe you will be making a difference in their lives.

2 comments:

  1. I can TOTALLY identify with this! You're right, sharing a good conversation with a friend who understands can really be so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends are the icing on the cake. Hope you are able to have many more conversations with your friend. Love, XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...