friday





We had a late night last night so I thought we could have a slow morning. It was all going well, the kids were playing in the hallway and their bedrooms for quite a bit. Then Issabelle and William got into a little tiff. She wanted something she could not have and let William know she was not happy. I came in and swooped her up, changed her and while up on the changing table I was telling her that she did not need to yell at William and throw the cards all over the place. That is wasn't very nice and she ought to really say she was sorry to Will. I put her down in our room. He was in Harkin's room. She walked straight to him, held out her arms and climbed into his lap. She was saying her sorry. I am continually amazed at what she can comprehend. William was pretty surprised himself.

Once we had breakfast I was in cleaning mode. We did not get as much done as I had hoped. I feel like I am always playing catch up. But I suppose that is the season I am in right now. The boys desperately needed to get outside and Izzy needed a nap. That was all well and good. When she woke up, we went out to see what they were all up to. She was a stuffed marshmallow in her snowsuit but was so happy to be able to walk outside. She finally got a decent pair of boots she could wear outside. It was good to get fresh air and we all felt a bit rejuvenated.

Inside there was lunch, play, a few lessons and Daddy came home early. We all tried to be quiet as he needed a nap( he was up at 4:00am) That kinda didn't go so well and there were several tears happening in the late afternoon.  Dinner was better and we were all happy to eat with Eric. Landon got these table talk cards with his kidstir subscription. We were having fun answering questions of all kinds.

Harkin and Issabelle fell asleep rather quickly and I played a game with the boys. Libraries are now lending games to try out, which is awesome. We played for over an hour. It was a pretty fun game. Ticket to Ride. It was what I needed with my big boys. We had tried in the afternoon but the tears and crankiness got in the way.

The week has ended and overall it was a good one. Looking forward to relaxing tomorrow and maybe some skiing on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Never dull moment! Issabelle looks so cute in her snowsuit. The boys look so big. Have a great weekend! Love to all, XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...